25.4.10

Uncertainty

So one thing that is great about living on your own is complete control of you decor. I love to decorate. And what’s more I love to decorate on a budget. I like the thrill of making something out of junk. Right now I have an old screen that used to be in a window to hang my earrings on. I made my desk out of a door, a buffet, and wooden boxes I put together. I just love the challenge of making one man’s junk into another man’s treasure. The only sad thing about this is I think I’m running out of room for my creations, which means one of two things: Replace old things, or move.

This is the difficult thing. Since I went to college I haven’t had a year where I wasn’t packing up and moving. Whether it was from college back home or cross country I’ve been moving, moving, moving. And I wanted to have a couple years where I stayed put and didn’t move but now I’m wondering if it’s possible for me to stay put. Maybe I have ADD with my living arrangements. Some people might say that makes since with the organization of my life- aka I’m not exactly the cleanest person. I just see better uses of my time than constantly tiding up, and as long as I’m able to find things it doesn’t really bother me.

I’m not really sure where all this is going. I guess I just wanted to share part of my life. Something that’s an uncertainty, because we all have them, especially when we’re single. Because if you’re like me, you know that you want to get married, but you don’t want to sit around waiting and twiddling your thumbs by the phone. So you start to develop this duel plan for life: a plan for being single, and you hypothetical life for if you married. So no matter how much you plan, there’s always uncertainty in your life, of course I’m sure the uncertainty continues as you go on in more ways than I’ve anticipated. But then, I’m used to rolling with the punches.

What have you learned to roll with?

0 comments: